10 July 2016 11 July 2016 12 July 2016
13 July 2016 14 July 2016
The National Institute of Telecommunications, Department of Transmission and Optical Technologies in Warsaw, together with the Institute for Photonics and Nanotechnologies of the National Research Council (IFN-CNR), Bruno Kessler Foundation (FBK), University of Trento and the IEEE Photonics Society Italian and Poland Chapters are pleased to announce the 18th International Conference on Transparent Optical Networks ICTON 2016 which will be kindly hosted at the Faculty of Letters and Philosophy of University of Trento, Trento, Italy, July 10-14, 2016. Technical co-sponsorship by the IEEE Photonics Society is foreseen.
The scope of the Conference is concentrated on the applications of transparent and all-optical technologies in telecommunications, computing and novel applications, and includes:
- Digital all-optical networks
- Ultra-dense wavelength-division multiplexing
- Ultra-fast optical time domain multiplexing
- Next generation networking
- Optical switching and routing (WAOR)
- Optical packet networks and services
- Optical memories and data storage
- Optical transparency and network scalability
- Network reliability and availability (RONEXT)
- Wireless and optical networking (GOWN)
- Radio-over-fibre transmission
- Broadband metro and access networks
- Market in telecommunications (MARS)
- Microwave photonics
- Photonic band-gap structures (ESPC)
- Photonic crystal fibres
- Nonlinear and active PBG devices
- Nanoscale and ultrafast photonics (NAON)
- VCSELs and other novel light sources
- Microresonators and photonic molecules (MPM)
- Novel glasses
- New transmission windows
- Polarisation mode dispersion
- Photonic component integration (PICAW)
- Network planning and design tools
- Big data analytics & network optimization (BigNeO)
- Non-conventional optical communications
- Sub-wavelength photonic devices (SWP)
- Communication in transportation systems (CTS)
- Other relevant topics
Authors are cordially encouraged to submit the contributions (max. of 4 pages in MS Word accompanied by a PDF version) for Regular and Poster Sessions by e-mail to email@example.com by March 31, 2016.
The authors will be notified on the acceptance by April 30, 2016. Post-deadline papers with very recent results are requested by June 1, 2016.
Ambitious technical and social programs and friendly relations are traditional ICTON goals.
We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you once again, this time in Trento in July 2016!
ICTON 2016 is a joint event with the 5th International Summer School on Smart Materials & Structures (Trento, July 14-16, 2016).